Mr Norwood is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at Leicester Royal Infirmary with a private practice at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital.
Mr Norwood has trained in the UK and Australia in all aspects of General and Colorectal Surgery. From his work in Australia, Mr Norwood has particular experience and interest in minimally invasive surgery including Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS).
Mr Norwood’s routine practice includes key-hole surgery for bowel cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and hernias, surgery and minimally invasive treatments for piles, anal fissure, fistula-in-ano and pilonidal sinus and colonoscopy.
Mr Norwood will consult on a wide range of symptoms including abdominal pain, change in bowel habit, rectal bleeding, anal pain and itch, abdominal wall hernias and skin lumps and bumps.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Michael G A Norwood at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Areola reduction
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Gluten sensitivity screening
- Colorectal screening
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Anterior resection
Mr Norwood has published articles on general and colorectal surgery and has presented his work both nationally and internationally. His research interests include new techniques in minimally invasive surgery, enhanced recovery after surgery and pain relief after surgery.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain Ireland
- Association of Coloprotologists of Great Britain &
- British Hernia Society
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
Other posts held
- Consultant Colorectal &
- General Surgeon at Leicester Royal Infirmary