Mr Brown is a specialist knee surgeon with expertise and interest in both sports injuries and degenerative conditions of the knee.
After completing surgical training in the West of Scotland, he undertook prestigious fellowship training programmes in Perth, Western Australia and Melbourne Australia at OrthoSport Victoria.
He practices in the NHS at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital where he provides a full range of knee surgery to his patients.
Mr Brown believes in a patient-centred approach to care and shared decision-making on surgical treatments.
Mr Brown specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital:
- Partial and total knee replacement surgery
- ACL reconstruction
- Unicompartmental knee surgery (UKR)
- MAKO robotic-arm assisted surgery for partial and full knee replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic soft tissue reconstruction of the knee including meniscal injuries and ligament injuries.
- Joint replacement and partial joint replacement.
- Joint preservation techniques including osteotomy.
- Robotic orthopaedic surgery for partial and full knee replacement.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Michael Brown at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
Mr Brown has authored several peer-reviewed publications. A recent selection of these are detailed below. He co-authored a chapter in the newly released McCrae’s Elective Orthopaedics textbook (7th Edition).
- Brown M, Ramasubbu R, Jenkinson M, Blyth M, Jones B | Significant differences in rates of aseptic loosening between two variations of a popular total knee arthroplasty design | Int Orthop, 2021 45(11): 2859-67
- Brown MJC, Puei Koh N, Bell SW, Jones B, Blyth M | Age and gender-related differences in infection, thromboembolism, revision and death in knee arthroplasty in a Scottish population | Scottish Medical Journal 202 Vol 65 (3) 89-93
- Brown MJC, Vella-Baldacchino M, O’Flaherty E, Jenkins PJ | Predicting patient-reported outcome in total knee arthroplasty using body mass index and limb measurements | The Knee, 2018 Vol 25(5) 915-922
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow
Insurers Mr Michael Brown works with
Mr Michael Brown works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Michael Brown does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Michael Brown does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Michael Brown does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.