Mr Kodampur is a Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Oncologist at University Hospital (UHNM). He graduated in 1993 and completed his Specialist Registrar training at Wessex Deanery and was awarded CCT.
He is an accredited subspecialist in gynaecological oncology, having completed his subspecialty training at Guy’s and St Thomas NHS Hospital, London and Maidstone NHS Hospital, Kent. Mr Kodampur is also an accredited colposcopist and has trained in urogynaecology (advanced special skill module). He completed advanced training in complex gynaecological pelvic surgery, including laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Mr Kodampur is an experienced gynaecological cancer surgeon dealing with cancer screening, treatment and surgery. He is also experienced in managing general gynaecology cases related to menstrual problems, pelvic pain, fibroids, PCOS, ovarian cysts, vaginal prolapse, PMT and menopause.
In addition to treating patients, Mr Kodampur is actively involved in the training of junior doctors and medical students. He has successfully facilitated annual laparoscopic training courses for consultants and trainee’s at UHNM. Currently, he is the Gynaecology Lead for the 100K Genome research project at UHNM.
His professional interests include menstrual disorders, pelvic pain, fibroids, ovarian cysts, vaginal prolapse, laparoscopic total hysterectomy and gynaecology cancer surgeries and colpscopic treatments.
Mr Kodampur organises laparoscopic courses and participates in ongoing research trials and teaching at UHNM.
Cricket and trekking
English, Hindi & Kannada
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mallikarjun Kodampur at Nuffield Health
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Cervical smear
- Vulval lesion excision
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Kodampur M, Papadopoulos AJ, Montalto SA, Kopeika J, and Devaja O (2013), High grade endometrial cancer: A prospective cohort study of the outcome of 120 patients after primary surgery. J Cancer Res Ther 1: 40–45. JCRT12-10013
- Mallikarjun Kodampur, Julia Kopeika, Gautam Mehra, Theodora Pepera and Padma Menon, Endocervical crypt involvement by high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia after large loop excision of transformation zone: Do we need a different follow-up strategy? JJ. Obstet.Gynaecol. Res. 2012og
- Devaja, O, Mehra, G, Coutts, M, Montalto, S, Attard, Donaldson, J, Kodampur, M, Papadopoulos, Andreas J, A Prospective Single-Center Study of Sentinel Lymph Node Detection in Cervical Carcinoma: Is there a Place in Clinical Practice? Int J Gynecol Cancer: July 2012 - Volume 22 - Issue 6 - p 1044–1049
- Shanti Kankipati Raju, Andreas John Papadopoulos, Stephen Attard Montalto, Michael Coutts, Giuseppe Culora, Mallikarjun Kodampur, Gautam Mehra, and Omer Devaja, Fertility-Sparing Surgery for Early Cervical Cancer - Approach to Less Radical Surgery. Int J Gynecol Cancer: February 2012;22: 311-317
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association
Other post held
- University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Mallikarjun Kodampur works with
Mr Mallikarjun Kodampur works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Mallikarjun Kodampur does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mallikarjun Kodampur does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mallikarjun Kodampur does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.