- Specialities Orthopaedics, Hip & Knee Surgery
- Telephone 01912 816 131
- Year of first qualification 1982
- GMC Number 4508454
- Fax 01912 811 379
Mr Siddique has been a Foot and Ankle Surgeon at the Freeman Hospital, Newcastle since 2000. He held Fellowship placements at Texas University, Stanmore University and a visiting Fellowship at Zurich.
He is actively involved in the clinical research in the field of foot and ankle surgery and has carried out research projects which have been successfully approved by the ethical committee.
Freeman Hospital is the only hospital nationally chosen for ankle replacement training. His pioneering work and surgical expertise have made the Freeman Hospital one of the top tertiary centres of excellence for ankle replacement in the UK.
- Weekly Tuesday 17:30 - 20:00
- Weekly Friday 09:00 - 12:30
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
Sports injuries and bunion surgery.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North Orthopaedic Food and Ankle Society
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Surgical Society
- British Orthopaedic Foot Ankle Society
In 2008 Mr Siddique presented 4 research papers to the British Orthopaedic and British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle society. This demonstrates a high standard of research output for a single UK orthopaedic Consultant.
- Proximal phalangeal dorsomedial closing wedge osteotomy & cheilectomy for hallux rigidis. JBJS B Vol 90-B, Issue SUPP-II, 229
- Cobb II procedure interpositon arthoplasty for MTP joint. JBJS B Vol 90-B, Issue SUPP-III, 496
- In vivo weight bearing talo-calcaneal joint motion using interventional MRI. JBJS B Vol 87B SUPP-III, 231 and March 2008; 90-B:27
- The effect of sesamoid position on outcome following scarf osteotomy for hallux abductor valgus. Published Nov 2008 Foot and Ankle Europe. Available online Foot and Ankle Surgery
DeclarationMr Malik Siddique works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Malik Siddique does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Malik Siddique does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Malik Siddique does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.