Mr Longstaff underwent surgical training in Cambridge and Newcastle upon Tyne followed by Fellowship training in Melbourne and Perth, Australia.
He has a general orthopaedic practice with a special interest in hip and knee arthritis. All types of hip and knee replacement are undertaken with an emphasis on difficult primary and revision arthroplasty. He has special expertise in computer assisted surgery and patient specific implantation (so called ‘customer knee replacement’).
Mr Longstaff specilaises in the following orthopaedic treatments at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital:
- Hip & knee replacement (primary, complex and revision)
- Computer assisted surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Lee Longstaff at Nuffield Health
- Hip replacement surgery
- Hip resurfacing
- Knee arthroscopy surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Knee replacement revision
- Tennis elbow release
- Toe joint fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Hip revision
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Toe surgery
- Good alignment after total knee arthroplasty leads to faster rehabilitation and better function. Journal of Arthroplasty 2008.
- Tournquet induced hypoxia after total knee replacement. Journal Bone Joint Surgery 2001;83B; 40-44.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Journal Hand Surgery 2001; 26B; 475-480.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
- North of England Medicolegal Society
- The International Society for Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. University Hospital of North Durham
Mr Lee Longstaff does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Lee Longstaff does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Lee Longstaff does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.