Mr Laeeq Khan is a UK Trained Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. He graduated from University College London and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He was awarded a doctorate in medicine (MD) at the University of Leeds before training at the John Goligher Colorectal Unit in Leeds. He has completed a fellowship in laparoscopic and robotic colorectal surgery and practices as a consultant in Essex.
- Day case surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
Running, reading, information technology
English, Urdu, Punjabi
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Laeeq Khan at Nuffield Health
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Itching (Pruritus) Assessment
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Anterior resection
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Colorectal surgery
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Hernia repair surgery
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Rectal prolapse repair
- Stapled haemorrhoidopexy
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- The Rafaelo® Procedure
Mr Khan was awarded his doctorate from the University of Leeds for his investigation into bowel cancer. His research was funded by Cancer Research UK.
Mr Khan designs and delivers simulation based learning programmes in surgery for the next generation of health professionals. He also demonstrates minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgical technique and delivers lectures at international meetings.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, Basildon & Thurrock University Hospital
Insurers Mr Laeeq Khan works with
Mr Laeeq Khan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Laeeq Khan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Laeeq Khan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Laeeq Khan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.