Mr Narayanan started his medical and Ophthalmology training in India and continued in the UK. He obtained his Fellowship in Oculoplastics and Lacrimal Disease from Newcastle and has practiced as a Consultant in the NHS at Darlington and currently in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Mr Narayanan specialises in oculoplastics and lacrimal clinical and surgical services, adult cataract surgery, and also provides general ophthalmology. He also specialises in treating skin cancers around the eye in collaboration with his Dermatology colleagues.
Mr Narayanan’s research interests are in the fields of skin cancers around the eye and diagnosis of Temporal Arteritis.
- Weekly Friday 17.20 - 20.00
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle
Medical Education: Mr Narayanan has a Diploma in clinical education and is active in training medical students, junior doctors, nurses and general practitioners.
Gardening, music, reading, cycling, sports
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Ophthalmology
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- All India Ophthalmological Society
1. Narayanan K, Hadid OH, Barnes EA. Mohs micrographic surgery versus surgical excision for periocular basal cell carcinoma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009 Apr 15;(2):CD007041. (Last update 2014)
2. Narayanan K, Griffiths PG, Pandit RJ. Transient and sub-clinical Horner’s syndrome as manifestations of internal carotid artery dissection. J Neuro-Ophthalmol 2010; 30: 342-343
3. Narayanan K. Another use for a pupil dilating device.
J Cataract Refract Surg: 2006;32: 1409.
4. Narayanan K, Barnes EA. Epiphora with Lid Laxity
Mr Krishnamoorthy Narayanan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Krishnamoorthy Narayanan has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Krishnamoorthy Narayanan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.