Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital specialising in ankle, foot, hip and knee surgery.
Mr Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London.
Mr Vemulapalli specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital:
- Adult Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
Mr Vemulapalli’s qualifications are MBBS, FRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Mr Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the Percivall Pott Rotation.
Mr Vemulapalli undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and children's orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia.
As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in Trauma and Orthopaedics, Mr Vemulapalli teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely;
- Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course
- Ponseti Course for Club feet
- Queens MRCS Mock Exam course
- Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident & Emergency
Mr Vemulapalli is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital
- Training Hospital of the Year 2014 for Royal London Rotation and 2nd runner up
- Training Hospital of the Year 2021 for Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Rotation
His contributions to the Teaching and Training were recognised and was elected for national BOFAS Education Committee. His other achievements are:
- BHR- Star of the Month December 2012
- BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013
- Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation
- Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014
- Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation
- Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association
- Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016
- Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation
- Nominated for "Trainer of the Year" 2021 - Stanmore Rotation
- Nominated for "Trainer of the Year" 2021 - Percival Pott Rotation
Mr Vemulapalli’s approach to private practice echoes his NHS work. He offers a professional, sympathetic service and aims to provide the best possible evidence-based treatment to his patients.
Simple and Complex Foot and Ankle Surgery
Limb Deformity Corrections
Although Mr Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics.
Mr Vemulapalli is the Senior Orthopaedic Consultant who has been working in Essex since 2007. He provides Tertiary services for all the complex foot and ankle surgery including Diabetic foot problems for the local Essex and North East London region.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Krishna Vemulapalli at Nuffield Health
- Midfoot fusion
- Fusion of big toe
- Hindfoot fusion
- Subtalar fusion
- Toe surgery
- Midfoot osteotomy
- Tibial osteotomy
- Triple Fusion
- Toe joint fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Tendon transfer in foot and ankle
- Osteoporosis screen
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Ankle ligament repair
- Flat foot correction
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Toe joint replacement
- Ankle fusion
- Calcaneal osteotomy
- Ankle replacement
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society for Children's Orthopaedic Surgery
- British Organisation of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Other posts held
- Consultant at Queens & King George Hospitals
Insurers Mr Krishna Vemulapalli works with
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.