- Specialities Joint replacement, Key Hole Surgery, Musculoskeletal, Orthopaedics, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Podiatry, Liposculpture
- Telephone 01277 695 695
- Year of first qualification 1994
- Email Brentwood.firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Telugu & Hindi
- GMC Number 4488866
- Fax 01277 261 924
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London.
Mr Vemulapalli specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital:
Mr Vemulapallie’s qualifications are MBBS, FRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Mr Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the Percivall Pott Rotation.
Mr Vemulapalli undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and in children's Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia.
As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, Mr Vemulapalli teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely;
- Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course
- Ponseti Course for Club feet
- Queens MRCS Mock Exam course
- Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident & Emergency
Mr Vemulapalli is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation.
- BHR- Star of the Month December 2012
- BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013
- Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation
- Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014
- Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation
- Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association
- Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016
- Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation
Mr Vemulapalli’s approach to private practice echoes his NHS work. He offers a professional, sympathetic service and aims to provide the best possible evidence-based treatment to his patients.
- Bi Weekly Monday 14:00-16:00
- Bi Weekly Friday 09:00-11:00
- Consultant at Queens & King George Hospitals
Foot & Ankle & Paediatric Orthopaedics
Although Mr Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society for Children's Orthopaedic Surgery
- British Organisation of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Mr Krishna Vemulappalli is married and lives locally in Essex. His wife is a GP and he is fortunate to have two lovely boys and a beautiful young daughter. His interests include playing cricket, reading, travelling, spending time with his family and experimenting with Indian cooking.
DeclarationMr Krishna Vemulapalli works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.