Mr Varad is a consultant ENT surgeon based in Surrey.
He has a sub-specialist interest in children’s ENT. He is also highly skilled in all areas of general adult ENT with interests in rhinology and skin cancer.
Mr Varad graduated from King’s College London and completed his ENT surgical training in London and the South East of England. At the end of his training, he completed the prestigious Great Ormond Street Hospital Paediatric ENT fellowship, developing expertise in the full range of children’s ENT conditions.
He provides a regional paediatric ENT service in Surrey and works with neonatologists and paediatricians in treating sick children and babies. He has developed a diagnostic airway service for children in Guildford and is the ENT lead for paediatric airway emergencies in the area.
He is accomplished in Coblation intracapsular tonsillectomy, a newer and more gentle form of tonsillectomy used in children. He also has an interest in paediatric head and neck lumps and bumps.
He is a core member of the skin cancer multidisciplinary team at Ashford and St. Peter’s NHS Trust.
- Sleep Apnoea and Tonsillitis (tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy)
- Coblation intracapsular tonsillectomy
- Paediatric ear and speech conditions including ear infections, glue ear and grommet insertion
- Paediatric nasal disorders
- Tongue tie
- Congenital and acquired head and neck conditions in children (pre-auricular sinus, branchial cyst/sinus, thyroglossal duct cyst)
- Paediatric airway and voice conditions
- Disorders of the nose and sinuses
- Epistaxis (nose bleeds)#
- Ear Wax (Wax clearance/microsuction)
- Hearing loss
- Ear infections
- Dizziness / Epley manoeuvre
- Voice and swallowing problems
- Tonsillitis/ Tonsil stones
- Snoring/Sleep Apnoea
- Rhinology (functional endoscopic sinus surgery, nasal polyp removal, septoplasty, nose bleeds)
- Skin cancer/Excision facial lesions
Mr Varad is married with a young daughter. He has a great passion for cricket and tennis. He is a keen musician and plays the piano and guitar in his spare time.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Kiran Varad at Nuffield Health
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Skin cancer surgery
- Antral washout
- Grommet insertion
- Excision of skin lesion
Mr Varad is an author in over 20 publications and has presented his work extensively at national and international conferences.
He is a reviewer for the clinical otolaryngology journal.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngology
Other posts held
- ENT Consultant Ashford and St. Peter’s Hospital
- Paediatric ENT Consultant Royal Surrey County Hospital
Insurers Mr Kiran Varad works with
Mr Kiran Varad works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Kiran Varad does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Kiran Varad does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Kiran Varad does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.