Mr. Khalid Ayoub was fully trained in the UK as an Orthopaedic Surgeon, and he is on the GMC Specialist Register https://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/4272111 . He had a higher speciality training in arthroscopic (keyhole) Surgery in the UK, Europe and the USA.
Khalid Ayoub works as a full-time Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in NHS Lanarkshire Hospitals since 2007. Also, he has his private practice at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital since January 2008.
Mr. Ayoub has a special interest in treating various conditions and injuries of;
2. Upper Limb (Elbow and Hand)
3. Sport Injuries of the knee
He is competent in providing a full spectrum of treatment options starting from injection treatment and up to complex open and arthroscopic (Key-hole) surgery. The vast majority of his operative procedures are performed as Day-Surgery Case (going home in the same day) when it is appropriate.
You can learn more about Mr. Ayoub and his practice by visiting his website http://shoulderandknee.net
Mr. Ayoub can provide consultation on general orthopaedic
conditions and disorders. However, he has special interest to treating the
following specific conditions;
- Shoulder pain & stiffness
- Rotator Cuff disorders & injuries (tears)
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder calcific tendinitis (calcium deposits)
- Acromio-clavicular Joint (ACJ) pain and injuries
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder dislocation
- Shoulder arthritis
- Clavicle (collar bone) disorders
- Shoulder blade disorders
- Knee pain
- Sport injuries of the knee
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries
- Knee cartilage (meniscal) injuries
- Elbow pain and stiffness
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer Elbow
- Elbow arthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand and wrist ganglion (lump and bump)
- Dupuytren’s disease and contracture
- Trigger fingers and thumb
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Khalid Ayoub at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Carpal tunnel release
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder replacement
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Elbow surgery
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Tennis elbow release
Mr. Ayoub has many research publications in world renowned journals. Also, he completed and discussed successfully his Master Degree dissertation at the University of Birmingham.
Mr Ayoub has presented in many national and international meetings. Also, he is very active in teaching GP’s and Physiotherapists. He has organised conferences and teaching courses as well participated in others as a faculty.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Medical Association
- European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics & Traumatology
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, NHS Lanarkshire
Insurers Mr Khalid Ayoub works with
Mr Khalid Ayoub works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Khalid Ayoub does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Khalid Ayoub does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Khalid Ayoub does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.