Mr Afifi is a Consultant Gynaecologist. He has extensive training and experience in many fields of Gynaecology. He graduated in 1986 and completed his postgraduate training in UK, Egypt and Germany. After completing his Advanced Training Skills Module in Urogynaecology and benign vaginal Surgery, he started his current job as consultant gynaecologist in New cross Hospital where he joined the Urogynaecology team. He has weekly Urogynaecology clinic, Urodynamic clinic and theatre sessions for complex urogynaecological conditions.
He has a special interest in infertility and reproductive medicine. He worked as a consultant in London Fertility Centre where he was trained in all aspects of fertility management by Professor Ian Craft. He also has a special interest in early pregnancy problems, including recurrent miscarriage which was the field of his MSc. Thesis. Mr Afifi is especially interested in pelvic pain, endometriosis, menstrual disorders and menopause and has expertise in gynaecological ultrasound.
Mr Affi has completed his Advanced Training Skills Module in Laparoscopic Surgery and has vast experience in advanced laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of endometriosis, adhesions, ovarian cysts and other benign gynaecological conditions. He is an associate member of the British Society of Urogynaecology and International Urogynaecology Association. He has published on many aspects of gynaecology, and has written several textbook chapters as well as presenting at many international conferences.
Mr Afifi specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital:
Benign Gynaecology, Urogynaecology, Minimal Access Surgery, Menstrual disorders/PMT, Menopause and Fertility and recurrent miscarriage
Urogynaecology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Infertility, Menstrual Disorders and Menopause
Mr Afifi enjoys sport, especially squash and swimming and spending time with his family
English, German and Arabic
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Khaled Afifi at Nuffield Health
- Adnexal surgery
- Cold Coagulation
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
- Excision vaginal lumps
- Female sterilisation
- Hormonal coil
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Hysterectomy surgery
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Ovarian cystectomy
- Vaginal prolapse surgery
- Vulval lesion excision
- Afifi K., Anand S., Nallapeta S., Gelbaya T.A. Management of endometrial polyps in subfertile women: a systematic review Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2010 Aug;151(2):117-21
- Kelada E., Al-Naser R., Afifi K., Mastroganvrakis G., Jerkovis S., Craft I, GIFT Treatment for Women Approaching the End of Reproductive Age, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, 2004
- Kelada E., Al-Naser R., Afifi K., Jerkovis S., Craft I. The outcome of Blastocyst transfer following IVF and ICSI treatment cycle. American Society of Reproductive Medicine, 2004.
- Management of apical prolapse: A comparison between Vaginal approach using uterosacral suspension/plication versus Laparoscopic and robotic assisted sacralcoplpopexy and sacralhysteropexy BIARGS olverhampton 2014
- Dr B Purwar,Mr A Elnaqa, Mr K Afifi, Mr C Cox, Mr R Simon. Post-Operative Quality of Life Following Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgery Using Mesh. British Congress 2013
- Mr K Afifi,Mr A Elnaqa, Dr B Purwar, Mr C Cox, Mr R Simon. Outcome of Vaginal Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse (Pop) using Mesh. IUGA 2013
- Afifi K. and Bhaumik, J. (2009) Outcomes and Techniques of Laparoscopic Tubal Surgery Following Previous Tubal Damage, in: The Fallopian Tube. Allahbabia, G. (Ed.) Jaypee Brothers, New Delhi
- Afifi K, Elnaqa A. Office management of Urinary Incontinence in Office-Based Women’s Healthcare. In print Oxford University Press.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Urogynaecolgoy
- International Society of Urogynaecology
- Egyptian Liaison Group
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Urogynaecologist at New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton
Insurers Mr Khaled Afifi works with
Mr Khaled Afifi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Khaled Afifi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Khaled Afifi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Khaled Afifi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.