Mr Nissen completed his Neurosurgery training in Newcastle and was appointed as Spinal Fellow at the Freeman Hospital for advanced Spinal training.
He is the Senior Spinal Neurosurgeon to the Royal Victoria Infirmary and he specialises in the treatment of low back and neck disorders, complex spinal disorders and spinal microsurgery.
- Spine Surgery
- Back pain
- Neck disorders
- Spinal Microsurgery
Special interests include lumbar disc disease, sciatica, leg pain and cervical disc disease.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Justin Nissen at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Correction of scoliosis
- Nerve surgery
- Spinal fusion
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Justin Nissen works with
Mr Justin Nissen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
Mr Justin Nissen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Justin Nissen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Justin Nissen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.