Mr Justin Nissen
Consultant Neurosurgeon, BM BS, BMedSci, FRCS (SN)
GMC number: 3342590
Practicing since: 1989
- Tuesday 18.00 - 20.00
- Wednesday/ Friday alternate 08.00 - 13.00
Or call us on
Mr Nissen completed his Neurosurgery training in Newcastle and was appointed as Spinal Fellow at the Freeman Hospital for advanced Spinal training.
He is the Senior Spinal Neurosurgeon to the
Royal Victoria Infirmary and he specialises in the treatment of low back and
neck disorders, complex spinal disorders and spinal microsurgery.
- Spine Surgery
- Back pain
- Neck disorders
- Spinal Microsurgery
Special interests include lumbar disc disease, sciatica, leg pain and cervical disc disease.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Justin Nissen at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Lumbar discectomy
- Correction of scoliosis
- Nerve surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Dorsal root ganglion block
Locations Mr Justin Nissen works with
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Justin Nissen works with
Mr Justin Nissen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
Mr Justin Nissen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Justin Nissen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Justin Nissen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.