- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 0800 61 62 67
- Year of first qualification 2004
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 6101233
- Fax 0141 339 1352
Mr Joseph is an award winning fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee joint replacements including revision hip replacements.
Mr Joseph undertook undergraduate training at the University of Glasgow Medical School. During this, he undertook a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Medicine from which he graduated with Honours, BSc.Med.Sci(Hon). Following completion of his medical school training, he was awarded a commendation for his performance, MBChB(comm).
After University, Mr Joseph undertook postgraduate training in the West of Scotland. In 2012, he was awarded the Arthur Edward Burton Memorial Award for attaining the highest mark in the FRCS written exam (Part I). He was subsequently awarded the FRCS (Tr & Orth) in 2013 and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
After completing his Orthopaedic registrar training, Mr Joseph undertook a fellowship in complex hip and knee arthroplasty (replacements), including revision arthroplasty, in University of Wirral Hospitals NHS Trust. During this, he gained expertise in all forms of primary and revision hip and knee replacement. He has also undertaken fellowship training in complex trauma in the UK at University Hospital Coventry and Warwick Major Trauma Centre, and a travelling fellowship to Tygerberg Hospital, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa. For his travelling fellowship he received prestigious fellowship awards from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the West of Scotland Orthopaedic Research Society.
Mr Joseph has been a Consultant at Royal Alexandra Hospital since 08/2015. His elective practise is solely hip and knee replacement. He currently performs all revision hip replacements for the department and also undertakes complex primary hip and knee replacements on a regular basis. In addition to joint replacement, he has an interest in complex trauma of the upper and lower limbs and he has a separate complex trauma list in which he regularly performs these operations.
Mr Jibu Joseph specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital:
- Partial knee replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement – cemented and uncemented
- Revision Total hip replacement
- Robot assisted hip replacement surgery in Glasgow
- Robot assisted total knee replacement surgery in Glasgow
- Robot assisted partial knee replacement surgery in Glasgow
- Wednesday morning
- Flexibly available for additional clinic review weekdays during daytime and evening, or weekends during daytime on adhoc basis following patient request and confirmation by Mr Joseph
- Royal Alexandra Hospital Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Revision Hip Arthroplasty, Unicompartmental Knee Replacement, Total Knee
pre-operative optimisation, post-operative rehabilitation
Sport and exercise, food, and movies
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Orthopaedic Trauma Society
- British Orthopaedic Surgeon
Use of negative pressure dressings in high risk patients undergoing hip and knee arthroplasty. Use of dual mobility bearings in revision hip replacements.