Mr Jay Menon is a Consultant General Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. Mr Menon trained in India as a general surgeon and came to the UK in 1991. After obtaining Fellowship in General Surgery, he trained as Registrar in North Thames Surgical Rotation under Profs Irwin Taylor and Mike Baum at the University College Hospital and later as Senior Registrar to Prof George Hamilton at the Royal free Hospital.
As Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon at Basildon Hospital, Mr Menon was the first to perform carotid surgery under local anaesthesia. He also set up the successful endovascular stenting programme for aortic aneurysms and was the first in Basildon to start endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
Mr Menon has a passion for training junior surgeons and medical students and he was nominated as Top Teacher for UCL by Medical students. He is a Faculty Member for Basic Surgical Skills, Laparoscopic advanced skills and Advanced Trauma Life Support Courses
He is also Chair of the Hospital Thrombosis Committee and he ensures that they are compliant with national Targets on Patient Safety in Venous Thrombo-embolism.
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Aneurysm stenting
- Laser venous surgery
- Renal access procedures
Cricket and football, socialising with family and friends
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jay Menon at Nuffield Health
- Hernia repair surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Endovascular treatment
- Blunt Abdominal Trauma - Performed Diagnostic peritoneal lavage to correlate diagnostic accuracy of DPL with operative findings in over 150 patients with blunt trauma
- Mr Menon also contributes to the National Vascular Database and he is also involved with ongoing data contribution to National Carotid endarterectomy database
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Society of Endovascular Therapy
- Medical Defence Union
- Faculty of Surgical Trainers
Other post held
- Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Jay Menon works with
Mr Jay Menon works with the following private medical insurance providers:
Mr Jay Menon does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jay Menon does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jay Menon does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.