- Specialities ENT (Otolaryngology), Paediatric ENT, Nasal and Sinus Disorders, Audiological Medicine, Otology, Paediatric Otolarynogology
- Telephone 0116 274 3753
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 4514914
- Fax 0800 389 2315
Mr Uddin completed training in all aspects of ENT disease and undertook fellowship training in thyroid and head and neck disease.
He was awarded the prestigious Gold medal from the Royal Society of Medicine for my performance in the national final surgical exams prior to my consultant appointment. In 2012 I was appointed to the post of ENT Consultant at the University Hospitals of Leicester. My practice covers all aspects of ENT disease and includes specialist clinics for children's disorders and a dedicated neck lump clinic.
He has a specialist practice in advanced sinus surgery and uses state of art equipment for diagnosis and treatment. He is a council member of the Midland Institute of Otolaryngology and is actively involved in lecturing and teaching medical students, general practitioners and trainee surgeons on nationally held courses.
His medical research is currently based on the growth of new blood vessels in tumours, as well as patterns of sinus disease. He has extensive experience in endonasal surgery for nasal obstruction and use 3D navigation systems for advanced sinus surgery.
He is passionate about excellent patient care and performed the first ever EXIT procedure in Leicester on a baby who was still in the womb and this was covered in the national press. For his passion and innovation in his work, he was awarded the esteemed Caring at its Best award from the University Hospitals of Leicester.
- Wednesday Evening
- Thursday Evening
- Consultant ENT Surgeon at Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer, University of Leicester Ear, Nose and Throat Consultant, Melton Mowbray Hospital
- Ear, Nose and Throat Consultant, Rutland Memorial Hospital, Oakham
- Hearing Loss
- General ear, nose and throat conditions in adults and children
- Voice disorders
- Thyroid disease
- Sinus disease including allergy and nasal polyps, hearing loss, snoring and neck lumps
He is married with three children and plays squash in his free time.
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Member of ENT UK
- Midland Institute of Otolaryngology
DeclarationMr Javed Uddin works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Javed Uddin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Javed Uddin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Javed Uddin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.