Mr Holland was appointed Consultant at the Freeman Hospital and Royal Victoria Infirmary Newcastle in 1998. He carried out his Medical School and Orthopaedic training in Birmingham.
He completed his Orthopaedic Fellowship in Hip and Knee Surgery in Johannesburg, South Africa 1997.
From 1998 until 2011 Mr Holland has carried out the following number of procedures:
- 1000 Hip Resurfacing
- 3000 Hip replacements
Mr Holland specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital:
- Hip and Knee Replacements
- Hip resurfacing
- Revision Hip and Knee surgery
- Research and teaching, lecturing and training in the same
Treatments and tests offered by Mr James Holland at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
A selection of papers includes:
- What advantage is there using large modular metal-on-metal bearings in hip replacement?, J BJS B
- Outcome of hip resurfacing in obese patients, Acta Orthop Belg.
- Cadaveric training for surgical specialties: back to the future for surgical skills development?, J Surg Educ
- Oxidation and fusion defects accelerate polyethylene failure in knee replacement, Knee
- Adverse reaction to metal debris following hip resurfacing, JBJS B
- Socio-economic impact of Birmingham hip resurfacing on patient employment after ten years, Int Orthop
- Current concepts; Metal-on-Metal Hip Arthroplasty, JBJS A
- Incidence of Adverse Reactions to Metal Debris following hip resurfacing arthroplasty: a multi-centre study involving 4,000 patients, JBiomechanics
- Cup Anteversion in Hip Resurfacing: Validation of EBRA and the Presentation of a Clinical Grading System, J Arthroplasty
- Hip flexion after Hip Resurfacing: role of anteversion, head-neck offset, and head-neck ratio , J Arthroplasty
- Bone density of the femoral neck following hip resurfacing., Acta Orthop
- Patient reported outcomes of THR and BHR, JBJS B
- Pseudotumours associated with metal-on-metal hip resurfacing: 10-year experience, Acta Belgium
- Premature failure of Kinemax total knee replacements, JBJS
- Role of the rotating hinge in salvage arthroplasty, J Arthroplasty
- Mechanism of failure eleven years following a Buechel Pappas hip resurfacing, Acta Orthop Belg
- Should we reconsider all-polyethylene tibial implants in knee replacement?, JBJS B
- Removal of acetabular bone in resurfacing of the hip: comparison with hybrid total hip arthroplasty, JBJS B
- Reliable DEXA measurement for metal-on-metal hip resurfacing, Acta Orthop
- Comparison of offset in Birmingham hip resurfacing and total hip arthroplasty, JBJS B
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Freeman and Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Mr James Holland does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr James Holland does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr James Holland does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.