Mr Candal-Couto is a highly experienced Upper Limb specialist. He was appointed as a consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Wansbeck Hospital, Northumbria, in December 2004. Since then, he has focused on the provision of specialist upper limb surgery, developing a large experience in shoulder arthroscopic (key-hole) surgery, shoulder replacements, elbow replacements, replacements and upper limb trauma.
Mr Candal-Couto has a special interest in developing day-case treatment for most shoulder conditions including instability, rotator cuff disease, frozen shoulder and arthroplasty. The management of Proximal Humeral fractures is another of his main interests.
Mr Candal-Couto regularly understands the importance of passing his experience on to others and is regularly involved in regional, national and international courses.
English and Spanish
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jaime Candal-Couto at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tennis elbow release
- Trauma reconstruction
- Trauma Surgery
- Upper Limb Fractures and Injuries
- Shoulder Stabilisation
- Principal Investigator for PROFHER, DRAFFT and SOS clinical Trials in Northumbria
- Regular Reviewer of Shoulder and Elbow Journal
- Chief Investigator PROP Study (Northumbria): The Significance of Propionibacterium Acnes in Rotator Cuff Disease.
- Classification and Treatment of ACJ Dislocations
Plus over 28 papers and abstracts published.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow &
- Shoulder Society
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Wansbeck General Hospital
- Lead of Upper Limb Service, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust
- Honorary Lecturer, Teeside University
- Member of the British Elbow and Shoulder Education Committee
Mr Jaime Candal-Couto does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jaime Candal-Couto does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jaime Candal-Couto does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.