Mr Candal-Couto is a highly experienced Upper Limb specialist. He was appointed as a consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Wansbeck Hospital, Northumbria, in December 2004. Since then, he has focused on the provision of specialist upper limb surgery, developing a large experience in shoulder arthroscopic (key-hole) surgery, shoulder replacements, elbow replacements, replacements and upper limb trauma.
Mr Candal-Couto has a special interest in developing day-case treatment for most shoulder conditions including instability, rotator cuff disease, frozen shoulder and arthroplasty. The management of Proximal Humeral fractures is another of his main interests.
Mr Candal-Couto regularly understands the importance of passing his experience on to others and is regularly involved in regional, national and international courses.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jaime Candal-Couto at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Upper Limb Fractures and Injuries
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Trauma reconstruction
- Shoulder Stabilisation
- Trauma Surgery
- Tennis elbow release
- Principal Investigator for PROFHER, DRAFFT and SOS clinical Trials in Northumbria
- Regular Reviewer of Shoulder and Elbow Journal
- Chief Investigator PROP Study (Northumbria): The Significance of Propionibacterium Acnes in Rotator Cuff Disease.
- Classification and Treatment of ACJ Dislocations
Plus over 28 papers and abstracts published.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow &
- Shoulder Society
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Wansbeck General Hospital
- Lead of Upper Limb Service, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust
- Honorary Lecturer, Teeside University
- Member of the British Elbow and Shoulder Education Committee
Mr Jaime Candal-Couto does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jaime Candal-Couto does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jaime Candal-Couto does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.