Mr Iain Jourdan
MA, MChir, FRCS (Gen Surg)
GMC number: 3581139
Practicing since: 1992
- Alternate Wednesday Evenings
Or call us on
Mr Jourdan trained at the University of Cambridge and St Thomas’ Hospital, London. He qualified in 1992 and was subsequently awarded a Master of Surgery with Distinction in 2004 from Cambridge University. Specialist training in laparoscopic surgery at the European Institute of Telesurgery in Strasbourg. Now Director of Surgery at the The Royal Surrey County Hospital and Senior Laparoscopic Tutor at the Minimal Access Therapy Training Unit. Performed the world’s first 3D keyhole gallbladder operation in 2010 (Economist) (Daily Mail) and is a world leader in developing this safer keyhole surgical technique.
Member of the Royal Society of Medicine, The Royal College of Surgeons, The Association of Coloprotologists of Great Britain and Ireland, Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland and European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons.
- Colon cancer screening
- 3D keyhole surgery
- Groin hernia surgery
Skiing, sailing, golf and the arts
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Iain Jourdan at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Skin surgery
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Colorectal surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Rectal prolapse repair
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
Locations Mr Iain Jourdan works with
Multiple research papers on the use of 3D in surgery. Mr Jourdan also looks after PhD and MD research fellows.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Association of Surgeon of Great Britain
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
Other posts held
- Director of Surgery and Consultant Surgeon, Royal Surrey County Hospital
Insurers Mr Iain Jourdan works with
Mr Iain Jourdan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Iain Jourdan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Iain Jourdan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Iain Jourdan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.