Mr Morassi is a Consultant Complex Spine Surgeon at the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust. After completing his CCT in Trauma and Orthopaedics in Greece, he embarked on a two-year Fellowship at the internationally renowned Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery (CSSS) based at Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham.
After completing his fellowship, he was appointed as a Consultant Spinal Surgeon in the same unit – one of the biggest and busiest spinal units in the UK – where he was privileged to work with leading figures in the field of spinal surgery.
He has gained significant surgical experience and is able to deal with a variety of spinal pathologies including congenital and degenerative spinal conditions, spinal infections, spinal trauma, spinal tumours and spinal deformity.
Mr Morassi has developed a special interest in minimally invasive surgery (MIS) and endoscopic (keyhole) surgery to the spine.
Mr Morassi is actively involved in teaching endoscopic spine surgery to qualified spine surgeons as well as teaching medical students, junior doctors and surgical trainees.
Treatments undertaken by Mr Morassi include:
- Cervical spine surgery – Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF), Cervical Disc Replacement (CDR)
- Endoscopic transforaminal discectomy for lumbar disc herniation
- Spinal deformity correction
- Microdiscectomy for lumbar disc herniation
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for fractures and fusion procedures
- Lumbar decompression surgery for spinal stenosis
- Sacroiliac Joint fusion
- Spinal injections
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty for osteoporotic spinal fractures
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Giuseppe Morassi at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Lumbar discectomy
- Nerve surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Facet joint injections
- Nerve blocks
- Cervical Disc Replacement
Mr Morassi is a keen researcher with numerous papers published in peer-reviewed international journals and numerous presentations in national and international conferences. He has been an investigator in international multicentre clinical trials.
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- AO Spine
- North American Spine Society
Other post held
- Consultant Complex Spine Surgeon at the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Mr Giuseppe Morassi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Giuseppe Morassi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Giuseppe Morassi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.