Mr Gaurav Kumar
MBBS, MS(ENT), DOHNS, FRCS(ORL-HNS), DIPLOMA IN HOSPITAL FINANCE
GMC number: 5189526
Practicing since: 1997
- Tuesday (Weeks 2,3,4 & 5) 08:15-12:00
- Thursday (Weeks 2 & 4) 18:30-20:00
Or call us on
Mr Gaurav Kumar is Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon with expertise in all aspects of adults and children ear, nose and throat conditions. His clinical NHS practice at Barking, Havering and Redbridge NHS Trust.
His main passion is to provide care to patients with complex ear problems. His immense wealth of experience comes from my initial training in busy ENT centre in India and then further training in the UK. He has experience of performing more than 500 cases of cholesteatoma. He uses LASER in-ear surgery to improve surgical outcome. He gets referrals from GPs and colleagues from his NHS trust and neighbouring NHS trust hospitals. He performs stapes surgery for patients with otosclerosis.
Mr Kumar has done his advanced training in voice disorders from University College London. He has subspecialist interest in managing patients with voice and swallowing disorders. He also offers rhinoplasty procedure for both functional and nasal valve problems. He has done his advanced training in leading London Teaching Hospital for performing complex nose procedures.
Mr Kumar has undertaken postgraduate training in centres of excellence in the India and was awarded Masters Degree. After completing his further training in the UK, he was awarded Fellowship (FRCS) from the Royal Colleges of Surgeons. He has more than 25 publications in peer-reviewed journals. He regularly presents his research work at international and national conferences.
He is tutor on “Front of Neck Access course” and revised tracheostomy guidelines for our NHS trust. He also introduced “Airway alert pathway” in the trust.
He is endorsed by all leading insurance companies.
- Cholesteatoma Surgery in Children
- Chronic mastoid disease
- Stapes surgery
- Ear Drum perforation
- LASER ear surgery
- Meniere's disease
- Intratympanic injections
- Sudden hearing loss
- Dizziness; Balance disorder
- Vertigo; Tinnitus
- Endoscopic grommet
- Endoscopic Ear surgery
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
- Ear Nose Throat disorder both Adult and Children
- Sinus surgery including FESS
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Deviated nasal septum
- Nasal valve surgery
- Nasal Polyps
- Tonsil and Adenoid Surgery
- Parotid surgery
- Neck lumps
- Voice disorder
- Voice clinic
I enjoy spending time with family and travelling with friends.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Gaurav Kumar at Nuffield Health
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Antral washout
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy (or laryngoscopy)
- Adult audiology hearing aid provision
- Mastoid surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Tonsil removal (tonsillectomy) using COBLATION™ Plasma Technology
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Grommet insertion
- Middle ear surgery
Locations Mr Gaurav Kumar works with
Mr Kumar has published his work on dysphagia and paediatric sleep apnoea in leading journals. His keen interest is in Endoscopic ear surgery.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons
- The European Academy Of Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- British Association of Otorhinolaryngologists
- British Society of Otology
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union
- Difficult Airway Society
- Facial Plastic Surgery Society UK
Other posts held
- Barking Havering Redbridge NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Gaurav Kumar works with
Mr Gaurav Kumar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Gaurav Kumar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gaurav Kumar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gaurav Kumar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.