Mr Rowlands graduated from the University of Manchester in 1995. He was appointed to the post of Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon at the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust in January 2009 with a specialist interest in Otology ( Ear Surgery), following completion of a comprehensive six year higher surgical training programme in London. The training included a six- month post at Great Ormond Street Hospital for children and a 1 year Otology attachment at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital.
He has developed a wealth of experience in the management of hearing loss, balance disorders and tinnitus and currently runs a regular joint ENT & Audiology clinic at the North Staffordshire Hospital specialising in the further management of these conditions. He has interests in the surgical management of chronic ear infections and hearing loss and also participates in the Bone- Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) implantation programme within Staffordshire.
Mr Rowlands has wide experience in the management of all General ENT conditions, including the management of nasal allergy and sinusitis. In his NHS Practice he also runs a regular Paediatric ENT clinic and has an interest in the management of obstructive sleep apnoea.
In 2006 Mr Rowlands completed the Intercollegiate Fellowship examination to become a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
ENT ( otolaryngology)
Mr Rowlands areas of interest are Otology ( Ear Surgery) , Hearing Loss, Balance and Tinnitus
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Gareth Rowlands at Nuffield Health
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Mastoid surgery
- Middle ear surgery
- Grommet insertion
- Late skin flap failure following cochlear implantation in adults (Cochlear Implants Int. 2008)
- Otological and Vestibular symptoms in patients with low grade (Quebec grades one and two) whiplash injury (J Laryngol Otol. 2008)
- Role of nurse practitioner in the ENT emergency clinic (CME Bulletin Otolaryngol Head & Neck 2006)
- Swallowing dysfunction in patients with unilateral vocal fold paralysis: aetiology and outcomes (J Laryngol Otol. 2006
- Paediatric day-case mastoid surgery (Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2003)
- British Association of Otorhinolaryngology - Head Neck Surgery
- British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngology
Other post held
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant Mid-Staffordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Gareth Rowlands works with
Mr Gareth Rowlands works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Gareth Rowlands does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gareth Rowlands does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gareth Rowlands does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.