Mr Gabriel Alo
FMCS, FRCS, BSC, MBCHB, MSC
GMC number: 4235697
Practicing since: 1978
- Weekly Friday 15:00 - 18:30
Or call us on
I am an Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon with an active NHS and private practice. I have the UK qualifications of FRCS and FRCS (Orth). I am enrolled on the GMC Specialist Register. I am Fellowship trained in Spinal Surgery. I have been involved in NHS medical management as a Clinical Director of Orthopaedics for a period of about 8 years.
I actively participate in the West Midland Regional Spinal Network and related MDT activities. I attend international medical conferences in my areas of special interest. My practice objective is to help people with back pain, sciatica or hip or knee joint problems return to their usual activities of daily living, work or recreation as soon as possible using the most appropriate methods be it operative or non-operative.
I treat patients with back pain, sciatica or spinal claudication using conservative measures, spinal injections, and neurosurgical or orthopaedic procedures as appropriate for each individual case. I treat patients with coccygeal pain with conservative measures, manipulation under anaesthesia and various types of injections a appropriate. In recalcitrant cases I sometimes offer the operation of coccygectomy to remove the offending coccyx.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Gabriel Alo at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Cervical Spine Surgery
Locations Mr Gabriel Alo works with
1.Adetokunbo Durotoye, Olaseinde Alo, Olusegun Ariwodola: The Effect of Environmental Cooling on Gastro-Intestinal Thermogenesis in the Anaesthetised Dog. Life Sciences, Vol 19 p 963 - 962, 1976.
2. Gabriel Olaseinde Alo: Prognostic Value of the Tibio-Femoral and the Tibial Metaphyseal Diaphyseal Angles in the Management of Genu Varum. 1988 FMCS (Orth) Dissertation.
3. Gabriel Olaseinde Alo: Evaluation of Thoraco-Lumbar Burst Fractures. M Med Sci (Trauma) Dissertation - 1995
4 SM Eisenstein, G O Alo, A J Darby,V Cassar-Pullicino, S Roberts, D C Jaffray Saccrococcygeal Pain and Pathology: Coccydynia Revisited JBJS (BR) 2000;82-B:SUPP II; P82
5. Bhatti A, Alo G O et al Lobulated Ancient Schwannoma. Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography May/June 2005 Vol 29
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Walsall Manor Hospital
- Clinical Director of Orthopaedics, Walsall Healthcare NHS trust
Mr Gabriel Alo does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gabriel Alo does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gabriel Alo does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.