Mr David Machin is an experienced Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon with a specialist interest in foot & ankle surgery.
He provides surgical consultations and operations for patients with foot & ankle disorders at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital in Chester.
Mr Machin is committed to providing quality care to patients and is happy to hold virtual as well as face-to-face consultations according to his patient's needs.
In addition to his private practice, Mr Machin is a Consultant Trauma and Foot & Ankle surgeon at The Countess of Chester Hospital.
Mr Machin previously worked at Mid-Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in the same clinical role with the additional responsibility of being the Associate Medical Director for Surgery & Cancer.
He completed his orthopaedic training at Wirral University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, where he received advanced training in the management of complex elective, revision, and trauma foot and ankle conditions.
Prior to this, he underwent six years of specialist orthopaedic training in the Mersey Deanery, after graduating with Honours from The University of Liverpool School of Medicine in 2003.
Mr Machin has
expertise in the following areas:
- Ankle Ligament Reconstruction
- Bunion Surgery
- Arthritis Surgery for the foot and ankle
- Big Toe Arthritis
- Osteotomy Surgery
- Sports Injury
- Injections to the Foot & Ankle
- Achilles Tendon Repair & Reconstruction
- Chronic Compartment Syndrome Treatment
- Flat Foot Reconstruction
- Tibalis Posterior Tendon Dysfunction
- Cavus (High Arch) Foot Reconstruction
- Rheumatoid Foot Treatment
- Drop Foot Treatment
- Tendon Transfers
- Curley Toe Correction
- Pain under the Ball Of The Foot Treatment
- Heel Pain Treatment
- Bony Lump Excision
- Ganglion Excision
- Foot and Ankle fractures
- Ligament injury
- Tendon injury
- Stress Fractures
For Self Pay patients Mr Machin is happy to see you without a GP
Pain prevention following foot and ankle surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David Machin at Nuffield Health
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Midfoot fusion
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Fusion of big toe
- Hindfoot fusion
- Ankle ligament repair
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Flat foot correction
- Joint resurfacing
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Ankle fusion
- Trauma Surgery
- Image guided joint injections
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Calcaneal osteotomy
- Mr Machin is a collaborator in multi centre trials such as SCIENCE, BOSS, PATH-2
- Perioperative changes in the microcirculation in feet after foot and ankle surgery
- The role of fracture reduction and plate position in the aetiology of flexor pollicis longus tendon
- Racial and geographic factors in the incidence of Legg-Calvé-Perthes' disease: a systematic review
- The role of post-operative radiographs in predicting risk of flexor pollicis longus tendon rupture after volar plate fixation of distal radius fractures - a case control study.
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Mersey Foot & Ankle Group
- Liverpool Medical Institute
- Mersey Medicolegal Society
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Consultant Foot and Ankle Surgeon Associate Medical Director (Surgery & Cancer) Orthopaedic Trauma Lead
Mr David Machin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Machin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Machin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.