Mr David Elson works as a knee surgeon, having completed orthopaedic training in Scotland, Wrightington and the Northern Deanery. He also undertook UK-based fellowships in joint-preserving surgery of the knee.
Mr Elson has a keen interest in joint-preserving surgery and looks to perform biological knee surgery (knee osteotomy, ligament reconstruction, meniscal surgery, cartilage restoration) whenever possible. He also performs bionic knee surgery (partial and total knee replacement) in advanced arthritis.
He aims to be an approachable, friendly surgeon, working in partnership with his patients to establish their particular problem, while working towards a manageable solution.
"I offer a bespoke approach, tailored to each
patient’s specific problem. If you’re too young to have a knee
replacement, I may be able to find an alternative way to treat your
symptoms. I aim to be clear in my communication about your procedure,
rehabilitation and likely outcome."
Away from work he enjoy's spending time outdoors and his young children are always keeping him busy.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David Elson at Nuffield Health
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Knee arthroscopy
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Tibial osteotomy
- Patella stabilisation
- PCL reconstruction
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Cartilage reconstruction
Mr Elson has authored 20 publications, mostly concerning knee surgery. He has a particular interest in knee osteotomy and the features and location of knee pain.
- BKS - Biological Knee Society (secretary and treasurer)
- BOA - British Orthopaedic Association
- BOSTAA - British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma Arthroscopy Association
- BASK - British Association for Surgery of the Knee (previous executive committee)
- Chairman - United Kingdom Knee Osteotomy Registry (www.ukkor.co.uk)
- Co-convener - Northern Osteotomy Master Class (www.northernosteotomy.co.uk)
- ESSKA - European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
Other posts held
- BOA Quality Outcomes Committee British Orthopaedic Association 2016
- Executive committee member (early year representative) British Association for Surgery of the Knee 2017
- Secretary and Treasurer UK Biological Knee Society 2020
Insurers Mr David Elson works with
Mr David Elson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)