Mr McFaul has been employed as a Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon at the Countess of Chester Hospital since 2010.
He undertook his undergraduate medical training at the University of Liverpool. The majority of his surgical training since 1998 has been in the Mersey region, including Chester.
Mr Mcfaul has been trained in all aspects of gastrointestinal surgery and he has a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. He completed a fellowship in laparoscopic colorectal surgery in 2010 at St Mark’s Hospital in London. St Mark’s is a national and international referral centre for intestinal and colorectal disorders. He gained extensive experience in laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and rectal prolapse, as well as experience in a much wider range of colorectal and intestinal disorders.
Mr McFaul has also undertaken training in pelvic floor disorders in Manchester and at St Mark’s.
His main areas of expertise are colorectal disease (such as inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer, diverticular disease, rectal prolapse, incontinence and haemorrhoids), gallstones, hernias (including laparoscopic incisional hernia repair) and endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy).
Mr McFaul is happy to see patients with:
- Rectal bleeding
- Change in bowel habit (diarrhoea/constipation)
- Abdominal pain
- Faecal incontinence
- Anal pain
- Abdominal/groin swellings
Surgical education and training in laparoscopic surgery.
- Open and laparoscopic (keyhole) colorectal surgery
- Perianal surgery for haemorrhoids (piles) and fissures
- Pilonidal sinus
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
- Groin/abdominal wall hernia repair
- Endoscopy (Gastroscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Christopher David McFaul at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Colorectal surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
During his training Mr McFaul undertook a 2-year research post at the University of Liverpool. He was involved in researching inherited cancers and the role of screening in people with a family history. This resulted in an MD higher degree in 2005.
Mr Mcfaul has published several articles in a number of high profile medical and scientific journals.
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Other posts held
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, Countess of Chester Hospital
Insurers Mr Christopher David McFaul works with
Mr Christopher David McFaul works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Christopher David McFaul does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Christopher David McFaul does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Christopher David McFaul does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.