- Specialities General Surgery, Bariatrics, Weight loss
- Telephone 01782 382507 (Clinic Bookings Team)
- Year of first qualification 1984
- GMC Number 4362492
- Fax 01782 382500 (Clinic Bookings Team)
Mr Cheruvu is a Consultant Laparoscopic and Upper Gastro-intestinal Surgeon at the Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital.
Qualifying in medicine in 1984 part of his higher surgical training was at The St George's University Hospital in London, finally completing his training at St James's University Hospital in Leeds. He later did a fellowship in Bariatric (Obesity) and advanced Laparoscopic surgery in Liverpool. He did further surgical fellowships in Japan and Australia before settling in at the University Hospital in Stoke on Trent, Staffs.
Mr Cheruvu has a special interest in obesity and keyhole surgery which forms a major part of his practice. He has an extremely busy practice at The University Hospital North Staffordshire Stoke on Trent where he has been instrumental in developing a complex variety of advanced Laparoscopic procedures. He also specialises in upper gastro-intestinal problems, operating regularly on the oesophagus (gullet) and stomach.
- Weekly Monday PM
- Weekly Thursday PM
- Consultant General Surgeon, University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
Mr Cheruvu specialises in Laparoscopic Surgery with the following subspecialities: Biliary, Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery.
- British Medical Association
- British Obesity Surgical Society
- Specialist Register
- Association of Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgeons
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- IFSO -International Federation of Surgical Obesity
- EAES - European association of Endoscopic Surgeons
DeclarationMr Chandra Cheruvu works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Mr Chandra Cheruvu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chandra Cheruvu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chandra Cheruvu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.