Mr Cheruvu is a Consultant Laparoscopic and Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgeon at the Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital.
Qualifying in Medicine in 1984 part of his higher surgical training was at The St George's University Hospital in London, finally completing his training at St Jame's University Hospital in Leeds. He later did a fellowship in Bariatric (Obesity) and advanced laparoscopic surgery in Liverpool. He did further surgical fellowships in Japan and Melbourne Australia before settling in at the University Hospital in Stoke on Trent, Staffs in 2003.
He has been performing surgery since Laparoscopic Gallbladder 1993, Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux surgery since 1995 and Endoscopy's since 1993 including a few thousand Laparoscopic Operations. He has a wide range of experience in procedures which include Keyhole surgery for Gallbladder, anti-reflux, hiatus hernia, inguinal hernia and abdominal wall hernias also including Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair. In addition to this he has performed around 2000 bariatric surgery's since 2003, which include Lap gastric Banding, Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Mini Gastric bypass and Revisional Bariatric surgery for complications of or failed previous Bariatric Surgery.
He has published and presented extensively on Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgery.
He is also the author of three book chapters in surgery , which include Laparoscopic and Obesity surgery .
Mr Cheruvu has a special interest in obesity and keyhole surgery which forms a major part of his practice for 27 years ( since 1993) He has an extremely busy practice at The University Hospital North Staffordshire Stoke on Trent, where he has been instrumental in developing a complex variety of advance Laparoscopic procedure & Bariatric ( obesity) Surgery. He also specialist in Upper gastro- intestinal problems, operating regularly on the oesophagus ( gullet) and stomach.
- March 1994 - Laparoscopic Surgery Workshop. Royal College of Surgeons, London
- June 1994 - Colorectal Workshop, St Marks Hospital, London
- October 1994 - Professional Relations Course, Knutsford, Manchester
- April 1995 - Advanced Laparoscopic Skills Course - Prof. Cusheri, Dundee
- 1998 - Training the trainer's course
- September 2000 - ATLS Provider course, Cardiff
- April 2001 - SAGES Advanced Laparoscopic Workshop, St. Louis USA
- September 2001 - Leeds HPB teaching day, St. James's Hospital, Leeds
- April 2002 - GI Masterclass – University Hospital Cardiff, Wales
- July 2003 - Bariatric Surgical Course, European Institute, Hamburg
- March 2004 - Alpine Meet the Experts Bariatric course in Salfenden, Austria
- November 2004 - Post-Graduate Diploma course at EITS Strasbourg Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- 2009 - SILS course in IRCAD, Strasbourg
- May 2012 - High Resolution Manometry Workshop, San Diego, USA
His website details are as follows. https://www.cheruvusurgery.co.uk/
Mr Cheruvu specialises in Laparoscopic Surgery with the following subspecialities: Biliary, Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Chandra Cheruvu at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic anti reflux surgery
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Weight loss surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Hernia repair
- Reflux surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Obesity surgery (or weightloss surgery)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Gastric bypass
- British Medical Association
- British Obesity Surgical Society
- Specialist Register
- Association of Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgeons
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- IFSO -International Federation of Surgical Obesity
- EAES - European association of Endoscopic Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant General Surgeon, University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Chandra Cheruvu works with
Mr Chandra Cheruvu works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Chandra Cheruvu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chandra Cheruvu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chandra Cheruvu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.