Treatments and tests offered by Mr C Senthil Kumar at Nuffield Health
- Toe surgery
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Fusion of big toe
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle ligament repair
- Toe joint fusion
- Ankle replacement
- Flat foot correction
Research interests include: Treatment of all foot and ankle related problems, especially ankle replacement, ankle arthroscopy (keyhole surgery) and treatment of ligament and tendon injuries around the ankle.
Research papers (since 2004) include:
- "Supracondylar Femoral Nail in the management of non-union of humeral shaft fractures."; Injury; 2004 May; 35 (5): 523-7; Bajaj SK, Mohan NR, Kumar CS.
- "Nerve blocks in foot and ankle surgery."; Foot and Ankle Surgery, Volume 10, Issue 1, 2004, Pages 1-3; V. Dhukaram and C. Senthil Kumar
- "Long-Term Results of the Modified Hoffman Procedure in the Rheumatoid Forefoot."; S. Thomas, A.W.G. Kinninmonth, and C. Senthil Kumar; J. Bone Joint Surg. Am., Apr 2005; 87: 748 - 752.
- "Surgical treatment of hallux valgus—the current practice in Scotland."; R.J. Hamilton, A. Gray and C. Senthil Kumar; The Foot., Volume 15, Issue 2, Pages 65-67.
- "Acute crystal arthritis mimicking infection after total knee arthroplasty."; G Holt, C Vass and C S Kumar; BMJ 2005; 331: 1322-1323.
- "The Mitchell and scarf osteotomies for hallux valgus correction: a retrospective, comparative analysis using plantar pressures."; Dhukaram V, Hullin MG and Senthil Kumar C; J Foot Ankle Surg. 2006 Nov-Dec; 45 (6): 400-.
- Full Member, British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Overseas Member, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Visiting Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Glasgow Sports Surgery Service at The National Stadium Sports Health &
- Injury Clinic, Hampden, Glasgow
Insurers Mr C Senthil Kumar works with
Mr C Senthil Kumar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr C Senthil Kumar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr C Senthil Kumar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr C Senthil Kumar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.