Mr Ashley Costin-Brown is an award-winning Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, specialising in hip and knee surgery. He is passionate about helping patients restore their mobility and improve their quality of life.
Mr Costin-Brown graduated from the University of Glasgow with Honours in 2011, before completing his early training in London at major centres including St Mary’s Hospital and King’s College Hospital. He subsequently undertook his specialist Orthopaedic Training on the Oswestry/Stoke rotation, based out of The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital. He gained Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) in 2020, and was awarded the Sir Walter Mercer medal (aka “gold medal”) as the best performing candidate over the entire year.
In 2021, he underwent Fellowship training in the world-renowned Sunnybrook Holland Centre in Toronto, Canada, where he gained further international experience in hip and knee replacement. He currently holds an NHS Consultant post at the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, where he has both elective and major trauma commitments.
Mr Costin-Brown is dedicated to providing exceptional care to his patients, which includes using state-of-the-art implants equipped with high-performing bearings during hip and knee replacement surgery. This approach allows patients to maintain high levels of activity after surgery while reducing concerns of early implant failure. In addition, he routinely employs enhanced recovery techniques to optimise recovery after surgery and reduce hospital stays. His area of specialist interest includes:
- Hip and Knee replacements for arthritis and other causes of joint problems
- Partial knee replacement
- Revision (redo) hip and knee replacement for failed or problematic joint replacements
- Fractures around hip and knee replacements (peri-prosthetic fractures)
- Infected hip and knee replacements (prosthetic joint infection)
- Knee keyhole surgery and procedures
- Non-operative management of hip and knee arthritis
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ashley Costin-Brown at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust