- Specialities Urology, Men's Health, Andrology, Assisted Conception, Endo-urology, Men's Health, Oncology, Oncoplastic Surgery, Paediatric Urology, Sexual Health, Uro-oncology, Urodynamics, Urogynaecology, Urological Cancer, Urological Surgery, Urology
- Telephone 01483 536255 (Guildford)
- Year of first qualification 1987
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 3265226
- Fax 01483 536253
Raj Nigam was born in London and attended Haberdasher’s Aske’s School before graduating in Medicine from University College London. He gained his basic surgical training at University College and Middlesex Hospitals and completed a MD thesis from the Royal Postgraduate Medical School in the basic sciences of cancer metastasis. He was a Urological Registrar at St Mary’s Hospital in London followed by Senior Urological Registrar posts at St. Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospitals. Appointed as Consultant Urological Surgeon to the Royal Surrey County Hospital in 2000 and in 2009 to the Institute of Urology at University College London Hospitals. Wide experience in Urology including General Urology, Andrology and Urological Oncology Practice in NHS hospitals. Several management positions including formerly Clinical Director of Urology at Royal Surrey.
- Monday pm/evening
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Royal Surrey County Hospital
- University College London Hospitals
- advanced diagnostics utilising multiparametric MRI followed by transperineal template and MRI-Ultrasound fusion biopsies.
Prostate Cancer treatments:
- Focal Therapy utilising High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and Cryotherapy. Active Surveillance and 2nd opinions.
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male infertility (HFEA accredited)
- Vasectomy and vasectomy reversal
- Surgical sperm retrieval
- Male hormonal problems
- Peyronie’s disease (surgical and minimally invasive treatments)
- Penile implants
- Glans resurfacing
- Buried penis
- Regional Lead for Surrey, Sussex & Hampshire,-surgical treatments and reconstruction for localised and advanced cancers.
- Benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH) and bladder problems
- Alternative and innovative treatment for BPH
- Stone disease
- Incontinence with Videourodynamics service
- Male incontinence
Cricket, Badminton, Football, Family
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Sections of Oncology
- Andrology & Genitourethral Surgery
- Endourology British Medical Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- European Association of Urology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology
Widely published in urological and oncological fields. Current focus on Advanced prostate diagnostics and focal therapy for prostate cancer, minimising side-effects of prostate cancer treatments. Involved in national/international trials of focal therapy. Ongoing research in penile cancer with PET-MRI trial, basic science and clinical research projects.
DeclarationMr Raj Nigam works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Raj Nigam does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Raj Nigam does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Raj Nigam does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.