Andy Mellington is a UK trained Consultant Plastic Surgeon and is on the GMC’s specialist register for plastic surgery.
He qualified in medicine from Oxford University and, after a period working in New Zealand, returned to the UK to train in surgery. During early surgical training, Andy undertook a Master’s Degree in Surgical Science at Imperial College London for which he was awarded a distinction.
His higher plastic surgery training was based in London and the South East. In 2012, Andy was awarded the Intercollegiate Fellowship in Plastic Surgery, the FRCS(Plast). He then undertook specialist fellowships in cosmetic surgery at The London Clinic, in cancer reconstruction at The Royal Marsden Hospital, in cancer reconstruction and trauma at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospitals and Queen Victoria Hospital and in trauma at the Major Trauma Centre in Brighton.
Andy’s main practice at the Queen Victoria Hospital is breast reconstruction. He works closely with the breast cancer service in Brighton and also maintains a broad plastic surgery practice. He holds an Honorary Consultant appointment with Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals where, along with a team of consultant colleagues, he provides specialised reconstructive services focusing on lower limb trauma and reconstruction of complex wounds.
- Breast Surgery
- Aesthetic surgery
- Body contouring/Abdominoplasty
- Skin cancer and benign skin lesions
- Lower limb reconstruction
- Chest wall surgery (Top Surgery)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andy Mellington at Nuffield Health
- Body contouring
- Mole removal
- Reconstructive surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Breast reconstruction
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Thigh lift
- Male to Female Breast Augmentation
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Chest Wall Surgery for Gender Dysphoria
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Skin surgery
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Fat transfer
- Breast reduction
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Breast reconstruction and role of prophylactic mastectomy, imaging and planning breast reconstruction, enhanced recovery after surgery.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals.
Mr Andy Mellington does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andy Mellington does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andy Mellington does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.