Mr Hinsche specialises in surgery of the shoulder and elbow as well as general upper limb surgery and trauma. His particular interest and expertise is in the field of advanced arthroscopic (keyhole) and minimal invasive surgery of the shoulder and elbow. He also carries out shoulder replacement surgery.
After graduation from the Medical School in Cologne, Germany he completed his General Surgical Rotation in the West of Scotland and his Training in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery in Yorkshire. After passing the exit exam he spent one year in the Shoulder and Elbow Unit in Sheffield before he took up his post as Consultant Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon at the Queen Elisabeth Hospital in Gateshead.
He was awarded the European Travel Fellowship of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society and gained further experiences with leading European Surgeons in Zurich (Prof Gerber), Nice (Prof Boileau), Lyon (Dr Walch), Stockholm (Dr Ekelund), Munich (Prof Imhoff), Heidelberg (Prof Habermeyer) and Oxford (Prof Carr).
He participates regular at national and international meetings to exchange his knowledge with experts in the field and is regular attendee at the annual “Teach the Teachers” Advanced Elbow Skills Course at the Mayo Clinic, USA.
- Minimal Invasive and Advanced Arthroscopic Techniques in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Acute and Chronic Sports Injuries of the Upper Limb
- Post-Traumatic Problems of Shoulder, Elbow and Upper Limb
- State of the Art Treatment of Degenerative Joint Disease (Shoulder and Elbow Replacement for Arthritis)
- Teaching and Training
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andreas Hinsche at Nuffield Health
- Bone Graft
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tennis elbow release
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Upper Limb Fractures and Injuries
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Shoulder Stabilisation
- Simultaneous Bilateral Femoral Fractures: Systemic Complications in 14 Cases
- Operative Stabilisation Of Painful Non-United multiple Rib Fractures
- Fluoroscopy-Based Multiplanar Image Guidance For Insertion Of Sacroiliac Screws
- Image Guided Surgery
- Segmental Tibial Fractures: An Assessment Of Procedures in 27 Cases
- Spontaneous Healing Of Large Femoral Cortical Bone Defects: Does Genetic Predisposition Play A Role?
- Axillary Artery Transection Following Anterior Shoulder Dislocation: Classical Presentation And Current Concepts
- Radiofrequency energy induced heating of the subacromial space:An in-vitro study to assess the ambient temperature during subacromial decompression.
- A useful assistant for shoulder arthroscopy: the Mayo table.
- Spontaneous Intraneural Haematoma Causing Acute Neuropathy Of The Median Nerve
- "Hip and Pelvic Osteotomies", In: A.M. DiGioia, B. Jaramay, F. Picard, L.-P. Nolte (eds.)"Computer and Robotic Assisted Knee and Hip Surgery".
- Clinical Examination of the Elbow, In: Celli L: “Treatment of the Elbow Lesions: New aspects in diagnosis and surgical techniques.
- Total elbow arthroplasty in elective and trauma surgery, In Limb D. and Hay S (eds): “The Evidence for Orthopaedic Surgery”.
- Bursitis of the Elbow, in: The Oxford Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma
- Royal College of Surgeons (Ed)
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Anglo German Medical Society
- British Trauma Society
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead Health NHS FoundationTrust
Insurers Mr Andreas Hinsche works with
Mr Andreas Hinsche works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Andreas Hinsche does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andreas Hinsche does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andreas Hinsche does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.