Mr Andrea Scala PhD FRCS
Mr Andrea Scala is a Colorectal Consultant Surgeon at the Royal Surrey County Hospital.
He graduated at Federico II University of Naples and subsequently undertook his post-graduate Higher Surgical Training at the London Deanery (South West Thames). After Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) he was selected for the national ACPGBI Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery.
His main expertise lies with the minimally invasive treatment of malignant and benign conditions of the colon and rectum, multidisciplinary surgical approach to locally advanced pelvic malignancies, laparoscopic hernia surgery and complex abdominal wall reconstruction.
He is a regular member of faculty on the laparoscopic training courses at the MATTU where he also performs live demonstrations.
He holds JAG accreditation for therapeutic colonoscopies and he is an accredited endoscopist for the national Bowelscope screening program (screening for bowel cancer). He is the Clinical Director of the Endoscopy Service at the Royal Surrey County Hospital.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andrea Scala at Nuffield Health
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatogram (or ERCP)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Colorectal surgery
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Local anaesthetic
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Trauma Surgery
- Anterior resection
- Stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) procedure
- Stapled haemorrhoidopexy
- Rectal prolapse repair
- Restorative proctocolectomy
- Pelvic surgery
- Hernia repair surgery
Research papers, book chapters and invited presentations on subjects embracing laparoscopic and robotic colorectal surgery, laparoscopic hernia repair, treatment of rectal cancer, trans-anal endoscopic microsurgery.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Association for Endoscopic Surgery
- Medical Defense Union
Other post held
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Royal Surrey County Hospital
Insurers Mr Andrea Scala works with
Mr Andrea Scala works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Andrea Scala does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andrea Scala does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andrea Scala does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.