Mr Farag is a consultant Obstetrician and gynaecologist with interest in ambulatory gynaecology and infertility at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust. Mr Farag has vast experience managing general gynaecology cases, as well as hormonal disorders, menstrual disorders and recurrent miscarriages. He is a member of European and British Societies of Gynaecological Endoscopy and is experienced in laparoscopic surgery, ambulatory hysteroscopy, gynaecological scanning, early pregnancy scanning and infertility management. He is also experienced in abdominal surgery as myomectomy and hysterectomy in addition to vaginal surgery.
Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy and Infertility
Gynaecological scanning, abdominal and vaginal surgery
Music, sports and driving
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Amr Farag at Nuffield Health
- Cervical smear
- Gynaecological biopsies
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Intrauterine insemination timing after hCG administration in unexplained infertility. Does it matter? Farag A, Salama A, Salama D. Ain Shams Med J, 2011 Sep.
- Relation between dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) and success of labour induction in prolonged gestation. Seadawy S, Farag A, Mohammed M. Asian Pac J Reprod. 2013 Dec;2(4):312 5.
- Intracutaneous Sterile Water Injections for Relief of Back Pain during Labour. Farag A, Mohammed K, Morsy M Med. J. Cairo Univ. 2015 Jun;83(1):401 8.
- Blind vaginal fetal fibronectin swab for prediction of preterm birth. Farag A, Mohammed M, Ellaithy M, Salama H. JOGR. 2015 Jul; 41(7): 1009 17.
- Aspartate aminotransferase and free thyroid hormones in vaginal washing fluid as markers for preterm pre labour rupture of membranes. Farag A, Elghetany S, Elkashif M. JOGR. 2015 Sep; 41(9): 1352-6.
- Triggering Ovulation with Gonadotropin releasing Hormone Agonist versus Human Chorionic Gonadotropin in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. A Randomized Trial. Farag A, Nasr El-deen M, Hassan R. MEFS. 2015 Dec; 20(4): 217 23.
- Gartner's duct cyst managed by marsupilization. A Case report. D'souza D, Farag A. J J Gynec Obst. 2016; 3(2):029.
- Intrapartum Fetal Head Circumference and Estimated Fetal Weight as Predictors of Operative Delivery. Rabei N, El Helaly A, Farag A, El Naggar A, Elmoteily M, Etman M Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2017 Feb; 137: 34 39.
- AlphaVBeta3 Integrin Expression within Uterine Endometrium in Unexplained Infertility: A prospective cohort study. Elnaggar A, Farag A, Gaber M, Hafeez M, Ali M, Atef A. BMC Women's Health. 2017 Sep;17(1):90.
- Live cervical ectopic pregnancy successfully managed with a single dose of systemic methotrexate. A Case Report Farag A, Nippan i J. Open Journal of Clinical and Medical Case Reports. 2018 July;4(13):1437.
- European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
Other post held
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with special interest in ambulatory gynaecology and infertility at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- Human Factor Lead and Deputy Gynaecology Governance Lead at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Amr Farag works with
Mr Amr Farag works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Westfield Health WPA
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Amr Farag does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Amr Farag does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Amr Farag does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.