Mr a Amit Patel is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Hip and Knee Surgery.Mr Amit Patel graduated from Southampton Medical School in 2003, did a 1-year internship at Southampton General Hospital and entered into a surgical training programme at Southampton Teaching Hospital. He achieved membership into The Royal College of Surgeons in 2006 and completed his surgical training in 2007. He then entered higher surgical training on The Stoke/Oswestry Orthopaedic training program. He became a Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons in 2013 and proceeded to do a Fellowship at The Exeter Knee Reconstruction Unit before taking a Consultant post in Trauma and Orthopaedics at The Royal Stoke University Hospital.
- Hip and Knee replacements
- Knee 'key-hole' surgery
- Knee ligament reconstruction
- Cartilage repair and regeneration operations
- Patella realignment surgery
- Knee realignment surgery
- Unicompartmental knee replacements
- Patient specific and computer assisted knee replacement surgery.
- Enhanced Recovery after Surgery
- Management of Infection in Surgery
- Teaching and Training of Higher Surgical Trainees
Family, skiing, swimming, cycling and travel
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Amit Patel at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- PCL reconstruction
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Facet joint injections
- Bone Graft
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Matrix-induced chondrocyte implantation (MACI)
Research into Orthopaedic Surgeons engagement into the Surgical Site Infection Surveillance Screening Program, and novel techniques into the investigation of infection in joint arthroplasty. The epidemiology and financial burden of primary and revision arthroplasty in the future as compared to US predictions using the NJR data set.
Mr Patel has 15 publications in various aspects of trauma and orthopaedic surgery and has presented his research both nationally and internationally.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Surgeons of the Knee
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Stoke University Hospita
Insurers Mr Amit Patel works with
Mr Amit Patel works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Amit Patel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Amit Patel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Amit Patel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.