Mr Ali Salih is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast and General Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital specialising in breast and general surgery.
Mr Salih has over 20 years of extensive experience as a consultant with experience in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, including laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal), laparoscopic hernia repair, laparoscopic appendicectomy, excision of body lumps and skin lesions.
The one breast stop clinic at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital offers a full spectrum of management for women and men with simple and benign changes of the breast as well as those with breast cancer.
Mr Salih treats many breast cancer patients each year and performs mastectomy and lumpectomy of the breast; sentinel node biopsies for breast cancer; axillary clearance; breast reconstruction jointly with plastic surgeon; breast reduction. He also performs many procedures in general surgery including keyhole removal of gallbladder and keyhole or open hernia repairs.
Mr Salih is Lead Clinician and Oncoplastic and Breast Surgeon at Basildon University Hospital, Mid Essex & South Essex University Hospitals Group, and joint breast reconstruction surgeon with Professor Ramakrishnan at Broomfield Hospital.
Mr Salih’s specialty oncoplastic and general surgery training has been undertaken at the London Teaching hospitals; Guy's and St Thomas', Chelsea Westminster, Hammersmith and Royal Marsden Hospital. He graduated as Consultant Oncoplastic Breast and General Surgeon in 2002. His masters degree of science in breast cancer genetics was achieved at the Imperial College London.
- Breast disease; one stop breast clinic; family history of breast cancer clinic for female and male patients
- Breast cancer oncology; Breast surgery; lumpectomy;mastectomy;sentinel node biopsy.
- Most recent advance of breast reconstruction, working jointly with plastic surgeon for best results.
- Breast reduction (only for patients with breast cancer); Gynaecomastia.
- General surgery; Abdominal surgery; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); Gall bladder; Hernias - including inguinal hernia; Minimal access / invasive surgery; Pilonidal sinus; skin lesions, lumps
- General Surgery
- Benign and oncology breast surgery
English, Kurdi, Arabic, Turkish
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ali Salih at Nuffield Health
- Breast oncology
- Breast reduction
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Breast reconstruction
Mr Salih has published several papers on breast cancer treatment and general surgery and also completed several pieces of research to improve the treatment of breast cancer, including sentinel node biopsy and breast cancer genetics.
- British Association of Surgical Oncology
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Association of Breast Surgeons of England
- Medical and Dental Defence Union
Other post held
- Consultant General and Breast Surgeon at Basildon University Hospital, Mid Essex & South Essex University Hospitals Group.
- Lead for benign and oncology breast surgery at Basildon University Hospital.
Mr Ali Salih does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ali Salih does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ali Salih does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.