Mr Ali Kucukmetin
MD, MRCOG, DM(Istanbul University)
- Year of first qualification
- GMC Number
- 01912 816 131
- 01912 811 379
Trained in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Wessex Deanery before moving to Newcastle to complete a higher degree (MD) in ovarian cancer research in 2009.
Completed subspecialty training in gynaecological oncology at the Northern Gynaecological Oncology Centre, Gateshead in 2010.
Appointed as consultant and lead for laparoscopic surgery in July 2010. Proficient in a wide range of laparoscopic procedures covering both benign and malignant conditions.
Active in the training of laparoscopic surgeons locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Course convener for a high profile surgical training conference in this area.
BSCCP accredited colposcopist, RCOG accredited in laparoscopic surgery and gynaecological ultrasound scanning.
- Weekly Thursday 10:00 - 11:00
- Weekly Friday 18:00 - 19:00
- Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist, Northern Gynaecological Oncology Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead
Laparoscopic (key hole) surgery, Colposcopy, Gynaecological cancers.
Gynaecological ultrasound scanning, Menstrual problems, Pelvic masses, Post menopausal bleeding, Endometriosis.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncology
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- European Society of Gynaecological Robotic Surgery
MD Thesis: Investigation of the role of nuclear receptor coactivator, Tip60 in ovarian cancer, Newcastle University, 2009.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy after surgery for uterine carcinosarcoma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011 Jan 19;(1). Review.
- Palliative surgery versus medical management for bowel obstruction in ovarian cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Jul 7;(7). Review.
- Androgen-related expression of G-proteins in ovarian cancer. Br J Cancer. 2009 Aug 4;101(3):498-503.
- Expression of gonadotrophin releasing hormone receptor I is a favorable prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer. Hum Pathol. 2008 Aug;39(8):1197-204. Epub 2008 May 20.
- Laparoscopic-assisted Doderlein hysterectomy: retrospective analysis of 300 consecutive cases. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1999 Oct;106(10):1083-8.
Mr Ali Kucukmetin has indicated that they do not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ali Kucukmetin has indicated that they do not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ali Kucukmetin has indicated that they do not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.