Mr Abdul Waheed is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. He specialises in hip and knee disorders including primary routine and complex total hip and knee replacement, and arthroscopic knee surgery. He also has extensive experience in trauma, both in children as well as adults.
Mr Waheed has extensive experience in lower limb total joint replacement and reconstruction. As well as treating degenerative disorders (arthritis), he offers treatment for knee injuries including meniscus repair, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and patellofemoral instability/mal-tracking.
Mr Waheed’s main research interests lie in Rapid Recovery Programme
after joint replacement. This technique aims to improve patients’ experience of
care and expedite recovery from joint replacement in the shortest possible
time, without compromising safety. He is
the Orthopaedic lead for Rapid Recovery Programme in his NHS post.
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Hip and knee disorders
- Primary, routine and complex total hip and knee replacement
- ACL reconstruction
- Trauma both in children and adults
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Meniscus repair
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction
- Patellofemoral instability/mal-tracking
Rapid Recovery Programme after joint replacement.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Abdul Waheed at Nuffield Health
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement surgery
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee arthroscopy surgery
- Hip replacement surgery
- Bone Graft
- Hip revision
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Fusion of big toe
- Hamstring Repair
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Patella stabilisation
- Tibial osteotomy
Mr Waheed’s main research interests lie in Rapid Recovery Programme after joint replacement. This technique aims to improve patients’ experience of care and expedite recovery from joint replacement in the shortest possible time, without compromising safety.
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Lead for Rapid Recovery Programme) Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Abdul Waheed works with
Mr Abdul Waheed works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Abdul Waheed does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Abdul Waheed does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Abdul Waheed does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.