Yusrah Shweikh is a consultant ophthalmologist at the tertiary referral centre based at the Sussex Eye Hospital. She specialises in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma and has completed two surgical glaucoma subspecialist fellowships at the internationally renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
Yusrah has expertise in:
• Glaucoma revision surgery
In addition to clinical work, Yusrah has active interests in research and training. Her major current interest is in avoidable blindness. She is co-founder and director of an award-winning national initiative to raise awareness about eye health (www.eyeheroes.org.uk). In her spare time she enjoys volunteer work in West Africa where she recently delivered a trabeculectomy training course.
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Yusrah Shweikh at Nuffield Health
- Laser eye surgery (or myopia treatment)
- Visual Fields
- Cataract Surgery
- Fellow, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- Member, Association for Research & Vision in Ophthalmology
- Member, European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member, European Glaucoma Society
Other post held
- Consultant ophthalmologist specialising in glaucoma at Sussex Eye Hospital
Miss Yusrah Shweikh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Yusrah Shweikh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Yusrah Shweikh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.