Miss Nuñez is a Consultant Orthopaedic Hand and Wrist Surgeon with expertise in the management of all aspects of hand and wrist disorders and injuries. She has been a specialist in hand & wrist surgery for almost 20 years.
She completed her specialist surgical orthopaedic training on the South West London rotation after which she completed three sub-speciality plastic surgery Hand Fellowships at The Hand Clinic, Windsor, St George's Hospital Plastics and Reconstructive Unit and The Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead.
She has published a number of papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented at international meetings in Europe and abroad. She is a keen educator and has travelled internationally to establish sub-speciality training and educational courses in El Salvador and Sudan.
She was elected as Chairman of the Hand & Wrist Faculty of the AOUK Trauma society in 2014, and is an invited International member of the Hand Expert Group of the AOTK Trauma Foundation based in Switzerland since 2016.
- Dupuytren's Disease and Contractures, in particular minimally invasive office procedures under local anaesthetic
- Arthritis Treatment including keyhole surgery of the thumb base joint, and finger joint replacements
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, open and keyhole release
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger finger and thumb
- Keyhole surgery of the Wrist
- Injuries and Fractures of the Hand & Wrist and their sequelae
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Valerie Nuñez at Nuffield Health
- Carpal tunnel release
- Hand surgery
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Chairman of the Hand & Wrist Daculty of the AOUK Trauma Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Frimley Park Hospital
Miss Valerie Nuñez does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Valerie Nuñez does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Valerie Nuñez does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.