Miss Roopa Nair has been a Consultant at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust since November 2011 where she is the Lead for Urogynaecology services. She has over 22 years’ experience in Gynaecology. She trained in the North East Thames London Deanery and has worked at Colchester, Homerton, Chase Farm and Queen’s hospitals. She was awarded the MRCOG Gold Medal in 2004 by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. She has completed a Masters in Minimally Invasive surgery with Distinction in 2015 from Anglia Ruskin University. She is the Lead for Urogynaecology services at her Trust and has ensured that our Urogynaecology services achieved National BSUG accreditation.
She has a special interest in Urogynaecology and offers a variety of procedures for stress incontinence, overactive bladder and prolapse including urethral bulking injections, Botox treatment, colposuspension, hysterectomy, uterus-preserving surgery and repair operations. She has a particular interest in recurrent prolapse after previous prolapse surgery. She also specialises in the management of perineal birth injuries and perineal refashioning. She offers various treatments for heavy periods including Novasure Endometrial ablation, laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery for treatment of ovarian cysts and pelvic pain, hysteroscopy and hysterectomy. She also treats general gynaecological conditions including vulval conditions, fibroids, amenorrhoea, pelvic pain and menopause.
She is on various National Committees including the British Society of Urogynaecology Governance committee and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists CESR committee. She is an RCOG Examiner and Faculty member and a Specialist advisor for CQC. She is a Regional Preceptor for doctors training in Urogynaecology. She is also a peer reviewer for medical journals.
- Urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstructive surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery for incontinence and prolapse
- Ovarian cysts
- Menstrual disorders and menorrhagia,
- General gynaecology including hysterectomy, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy
Hindi, Urdu, Marathi, Malayalam
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Roopa Nair at Nuffield Health
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Urogynaecology
- International Urogynaecological Association
- International Continence Society
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Urogynaecological Association(EUGA)
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Gynaecologist, Barking Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust