Graduate of the University of the West Indies and a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Appointed Consultant Urological Surgeon at North Middlesex University Hospital in 1995 and currently in post. Involved in the training of young Urologists and an educational as well as clinical supervisor to trainees.
One of a small number of Female Urological Surgeons in the UK.
Miss Jean McDonald has been in various managerial positions at the North Middlesex University Hospital, including clinical lead and Deputy Chair of Medicines Management Committee. She was a finalist in Hospital Doctor TEAM of the Year.
Actively involved in training Urologists in developing countries and travels yearly to Sub-Saharan Africa to conduct workshops and lectures. Member of the Pan African Association of Urological Surgeons. Past member of the Board of Directors of the Societe International d’Urologie and member of the Nominations Committee of that organisation.
Female patients with recurrent Urinary Tract Infections and Interstitial Cystitis and for female patients who for personal or religious reasons wish to see a female Urologist.
Treat both male and female patients with general urological problems, special interest in endourology, stone disease and benign prostate disease.
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Jean McDonald at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
- Vasectomy reversal
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Radical prostatectomy
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh FRCS(Ed)
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- American Urology Association
- European Association of Urology
- Societe International d’Urologie
- Endourological Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other posts held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, North Middlesex University Hospital Trust