After completion of specialist training in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology from UK in 1991, Dr Ashraf completed two years of GI research and training in the USA and received his Fellowship in Gastroenterology from the University of Nebraska Medical Centre, USA in 1994. He was appointed as consultant in Gastroenterology in 1995.
Dr Ashraf has extensive research experience and has authored 14 original research papers in peer reviewed medical journals, has over 30 scientific and clinical abstracts and written two book chapters.
Dr Ashraf has special interest in interventional GI procedures minimising need for major surgery. He was one of the earliest Capsule Endoscopy operators in the world and hence very experienced at this procedure.
Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance, dyspepsia, Crohns disease and ulceractive colitis, liver and pancreatobiliary disorders, and ERCP. Capsule endoscopy and interventional endoscopy. IBS.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Waseem Ashraf at Nuffield Health
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Capsule endoscopy
- Fellow of the Royal college of Physicians of UK
- Member British Society of Gastroenterology
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member American Gastroenterology Association
Other posts held
- Barking, Havering & Redbridge Hospitals University NHS Trust