Dr Veena Patel is a Consultant Rheumatologist at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital and also works at the University Hospital of Leicester.
As a specialist, she has extensive experience in managing conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (commonly presenting as back pains), soft tissue rheumatism, connective tissue diseases, metabolic bone disorders, osteoporosis, muscle disorders and osteoarthritis.
She regularly teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students. She has published many papers in peer-reviewed journals and has the title of Senior Lecturer (Honorary) at the University of Leicester.
English, Hindi, Kannada
1. Patel V, et al. Reducing vitamin D requests in a primary care cohort: A quality improvement study. BJGP Open 2020 DOI: 10.3399/bjgpopen20X101090.
2. Patel V, et al. How do specialist trainee doctors acquire skills to practice patient-centred care? A qualitative exploration. BMJ Open 2018. 8(10), 1-7. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2018-022054
3. Patel V, et al. Examination of the musculoskeletal system: junior doctors’ perceptions of the usefulness of the Gait, Arms, Legs and Spine (GALS) technique. Postgrad Med J doi:10.1136/ -2015-133340.
4. Gupta P, …., Patel V et al Risk Factors for Nonadherence to Antihypertensive Treatment Novelty and Significance. Hypertension 2017. doi.10 ;69:1113-1120
5. Patel V et al. The impact of VOVID 19 on the management of osteoporosis patients. BIDA J 2021;Vol 27(1):17-18
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal Osteoporosis Society
- British Society for Rheumatology
- British Medical Association
- Midlands Bone Interest Group
- Midland Rheumatology Society
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- University Hospitals of Leicester
- Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Leicester General Hospital
- Loughborough Community Hospital
Insurers Dr Veena Patel works with
Dr Veena Patel works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA Health
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Alliance Healthcare
Dr Veena Patel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Veena Patel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Veena Patel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.