Dr Tina Maheswaran
BSc (Hons), MB ChB, MSc, FRCP
GMC number: 6074399
Practicing since: 2003
Gastroenterology, General (internal) Medicine
- Weekly Tuesday 15:00 - 17:00
Or call us on
Dr Tina Maheswaran is a Consultant Gastroenterologist at Nuffield Health Chester Hospital, The Grosvenor.
Dr Tina Maheswaran qualified from Leeds Medical School in 2003 and started her general medical training at the Nottingham City hospital. Dr Maheswaran completed her general medical and specialist gastroenterology training in the East of England, she then undertook a Fellowship at the Liver Unit at Addenbrooke's hospital, Cambridge.
On completion of her training she was appointed as a Consultant Physician Gastroenterologist at the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in 2013.
She is committed to delivering a professional and personal high quality service at all times.
- Anaemia, investigation and management of iron deficiency
- Abdominal pain, diarrhoea, constipation and rectal bleeding
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, Ulcerative colitis and microscopic colitis)
- Investigation of abnormal liver function tests
- Alcholoic liver disease and alcoholic hepatitis/cirrhosis
- Fatty liver and other metabolic disease
- Haemochromatosis (diagnosis and management)
- hepatitis B and Hepatitis C infections including antiviral therapy
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Investigation and treatment of jaundice
- Cirrhosis and liver cancer
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper gastro-intestinal Endoscopy (OGD)
- Management of oesophageal varices
- Barrett's oesophagus surveillance
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Tina Maheswaran at Nuffield Health
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Liver function tests
Locations Dr Tina Maheswaran works with
- Royal College of Physician of London
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
Other posts held
- Consultant Physician, Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Turst
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Nuffield Health Chester Hospital, The Grosvenor
Dr Tina Maheswaran does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Tina Maheswaran does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Tina Maheswaran does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.