Dr Rajathurai, known as Dr Raj, is a Consultant Cardiologist at University Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire. He has a specialist interest in complex coronary intervention (angioplasty and stenting). He is the clinical lead for the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) service and for the chronic total occlusion (CTO) service.
He qualified from the University of Nottingham where he also obtained a Bachelor of Medical Sciences degree with Honours. Following general medical training he undertook specialist cardiology training in south-west England. He was then awarded a Senior Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, where he developed his interest and skills in complex coronary intervention. He completed a British Heart Foundation Research Project at the Bristol Heart Institute, and was awarded an MD for this work. He has authored several research papers and has presented at national and international meetings. Dr Raj’s busy work life is balanced by playing sport and spending time with his young family.
- Treatment of angina and myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Heart valve disease
- Angioplasty and stenting
- Complex coronary intervention (including the treatment of chronic total occlusions)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Thirumaran Rajathurai at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Royal College of Physicians, London
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
Other posts held
- Clinical lead for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation program at University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire
Insurers Dr Thirumaran Rajathurai works with
Dr Thirumaran Rajathurai works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Thirumaran Rajathurai does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Thirumaran Rajathurai does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Thirumaran Rajathurai does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.