Dr Thanthulage graduated from the State University of Russia in 1993, trained in anaesthetics and pain management in Barts and the London school of Anaesthesia. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and a Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine. He obtained the fellowship of Interventional Pain Practice in 2009 by examination.
Dr. Thanthulage is one of the founders of the Sri Lanka Pain Society and conducts workshops and lectures for post graduate trainees in Sri Lanka.
He approaches pain problems with a multi-disciplinary setting taking into consideration the pathophysiological and psychological aspects of the problem. He uses both conservative and interventional methods.
All types of chronic pain, especially head and neck pain lower back pain and sciatica. Acute myofascial pain syndrome, chronic abdominal pain, complex regional pain syndrome, fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, non-cardiac chest pain, chronic headaches, persistent post-surgical pain, facial pain, pelvic pain.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Subodha Thanthulage at Nuffield Health
- Spinal anaesthetic
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- General Medical Council (GMC 6038295)
- Fellow of The Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Member of the British Pain Society
- Member of the International Association for The Study of Pain
- Member of the World Institute of Pain
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Pain Physician, Broomfield Hospital