Dr Sophie Davies is a Consultant Child and
Adolescent Psychiatrist. She is
experienced in working with children and young people with a wide range of
difficulties, providing assessment, ongoing support and treatment as
appropriate for conditions including:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Dr Sophie Davies is qualified in administering both the ADOS and the DISCO assessments for ASD and is particularly interested in the differing and complex presentations of neurodevelopmental conditions such as ASD and ADHD.
Dr Davies also regularly
works with young people who are having difficulties in their mood and emotions
and are managing their distress with strategies that aren’t so helpful in the
long-term (such as self-harm).
Dr Davies sees children from the ages of 6 - 18.
- self harm and emotional regulation
- depression and anxiety in young people
- autism spectrum disorder
- Lifestyle factors and mental health
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists
- The Medical Protection Society.
- The Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other post held
- Consultant Psychiatrist at the Purple House Psychology Clinic.
Dr Sophie Davies does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Sophie Davies does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Sophie Davies does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.