Dr Simon Thomson is a Consultant specialising in pain medicine and neuromodulation at Nuffield Health, Brentwood Hospital since 1992. His speciality affiliation is anaesthesia but he no longer practices anaesthesia but rather pain medicine and neuromodulation.
Dr Thomson is at the forefront of new pain and long-term condition management using implantable active medical devices and has extensive clinical and research expertise.
Neuromodulation treats selected severe pain, spasticity, ischaemia and incontinence patients. Targeted precision pain therapies use both local anaesthesia, corticosteroids and radiofrequency.
look at his website as it explains more. drsimonthomson.com
- Targeted precision pain therapies
- Spinal cord stimulation,
- Multifidus nerve stimulation (reactiv8) for chronic back pain
- Sacral nerve stimulation
- Multidisciplinary pain management
- Medico-legal work
Cooking, fine wine, skiing, tennis, family
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Simon Thomson at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Local anaesthetic
- Trigger Point Injections
- Spinal anaesthetic
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Image guided joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Facet joint injections
- Epidural anaesthetic
- Guanethidine block injections
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Nerve blocks
- Royal College of Anaesthetists (Fellow)
- Faculty of Pain Medicine
- Emeritus Director of International Neuromodulation Society
Other posts held
- Consultant in pain medicine and neuromodulation (anaesthesia), Basildon University Hospital, Mid Essex & South Essex University Hospitals Group
Insurers Dr Simon Thomson works with
Dr Simon Thomson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Simon Thomson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Simon Thomson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Simon Thomson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.