Dr Salil Vengalil has been working as Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the University Hospital of North Midlands (UHNM) since 2013. He has expertise in oncological treatment of patients with prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Mesothelioma, Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
Referral Criteria: Patients requiring opinion and oncological management for the above conditions can be referred. Dr Vengalil would also be happy to accept referrals for seconds opinions. Private patient Consultation will be arranged at the Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital.
Dr Vengalil has previously worked in the world-renowned Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto ( Canada) where he completed radiation oncology fellowship gaining further experience in advanced radiation techniques. His areas of interest in Radiotherapy include intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRY) image guided radiation therapy (IGRT), Stereotatic body radiotherapy( SBRT) and adaptive radiotherapy. Prostate cancer patients will also be given the option of having spaceOAR insertion arranged through genesis care team prior to prostate radiotherapy treatment.
Dr Salil Vengalil is an expert in radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy and radionuclide treatments in oncology. He has led the team in setting up and implementing Radium 223 treatment service for metastatic prostate cancer at UHNM. He has a very keen interest in research and had been principal investigator for several commercial and non-commercial trials.
Radiotherapy treatments will be arranged at the Genesis care radiotherapy centres or at Royal Stoke University Hospital Cancer centre. Systemic treatments will be organised mainly through Nuffield Health but can also be arranged with other providers where appropriate.
Dr Vengalil had also served as a Clinical lead in Oncology at the University Hospital North Midlands NHS Trust and is currently the oncology lead for urological cancers. Dr Vengalil is also a member of the West midlands Genomic Tumour Advisory Board.
Dr Vengalil's Secretary number is 07936970333
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Non-Melanoma skin cancers
- Radiotherapy (IMRT, IGRT, SBRT)
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Radionuclide treatments
English and Malayalam
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Salil Vengalil at Nuffield Health
Key publications and presentations:
1) Multi-Modal treatment approach for muscle invasive bladder cancer-single institution experience. Poster presentation at the BLADDR 2019 meeting n Paris ( October2019)
2) Outcomes On Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients with Brian Metastasis Treated by Whole Brain Radiotherapy, a Single Institution Experience: Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Volume 14, Issue 10, Supplement, Pages S949-s950
3) Virtual imaging for patient information on radiotherapy planning and delivery for prostate cancer: Radiotherapy and Oncology. April 2019: Vol 133 Suppl 1:S437-38
4) Enzalutamide Effectiveness and Tolerability in Patients with Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer. Our Experience: Cancer Biology 2017;7(2)
5) First Line Treatment Outcome for EGFR Mutated Metastatic NSCLC -A Single Institution 5 Years’ Experience: J Thorac Oncol. 2016 Oct; 11(10S): S205
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Medical Association
- European Society for Medical Oncology
Other post held
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, University Hospital of North Midlands NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Salil Vengalil works with
Dr Salil Vengalil works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Police Mutual
- The Exeter Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Salil Vengalil does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Salil Vengalil does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Salil Vengalil does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.