Dr Sailesh Sankar is a consultant in Endocrinology and Diabetes at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust. He is an Honorary Associate Professor at University of Warwick. He completed his doctorate of medicine at University of Warwick and completed his specialist training in Birmingham.
He has presented in national and international meetings. He deals with all aspects of endocrinology and diabetes. He has been a consultant for six years and has set up specialist thyroid clinic, joint thyroid clinic and adolescent growth and endocrine/diabetes clinic. He also set up the insulin pump service and carb counting patient education programme.
- General Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Cardiovascular risk management
- Lipid disorders
- Diabetes complications (neuropathy, retinopathy, Eerectile dysfunction)
- Thyroid disorders (thyroid lump, overactive and underactive thyroid)
- Vitamin D/Parathyroid
Travelling, music and cricket.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Sailesh Sankar at Nuffield Health
A Family with Hyponatremia and Nephrogenic Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuresis. D Bockenhauer, M Penney, D Hampton, W van’t Hoff, A Gullett, S Sankar, DG Bichet - American Journal of Kidney Disease.
- British Endocrine Society
- British Medical Association Diabetes UK
- South Asian Health Foundation
- European Association For Study Of Diabetes
Other post held
- Consultant Physician, Endocrinology &
- Diabetes University Hospital Coventry &
- Warwickshire NHS Trust
- Honorary Associate Clinical Professor, University of Warwick
- Programme Director, West Midlands Deanery
Insurers Dr Sailesh Sankar works with
Dr Sailesh Sankar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Sailesh Sankar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Sailesh Sankar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Sailesh Sankar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.